Tuesday, January 18, 2011

learning to sew...

Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to learn to sew. Well, this past 'Black Friday' I splurged and bought myself a Singer sewing machine that was on sale for $50. I am so excited that I'm finally going to be able to make some cool things by sewing!

Tonight I learned how to thread the bobbin and needle and started to sew! I had a few knot issues, but finally got it working. So, for the first time ever, I sewed a pillow all by myself!! :) I figured it would be best to start with something simple...like a square! LOL :) So here it is, my little mini pillow made out of vintage material and adorned with a simple vintage button on each side. I am so excited that I've learned how to sew and can't wait for my next real project! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jody!! I'm so proud of you! Your pillow is adorable!! How did you put the buttons on? I wish we lived closer cause I want to start sewing too! We could have "learn to sew" nights! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete