Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year...A New Obsession

Today is the start of a New Year!
2011 is here...

and with it comes new adventures, treasure hunts and....obsessions! LOL :)

As you know, I love the hunt at thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales, etc. Well, I have a new obsession that I'm hunting for...

Cameos & Pocket Watches
I love the uniqueness of them, and the story behind them. Its probable that I won't find the ones of extreme value for $0.25 at a yard sale, but its fun going on the hunt. I found this vintage Lucerne pocket watch (above) at a little thrift store in Coos Bay, Oregon (while on a road trip with my mom) for $1.00! Yep, that's right, only ONE DOLLAR! It was marked $20, but since I showed the lady working behind the counter that it didn't work, she parted with it for $1. So that was exciting! Now I just need to get it working again. And this lamoge cameo broach (above), I found it at a local thrift store for a couple bucks as well.

As I realized my new obsession growing, I decided to go through all my jewelry and see if I had any others of this sort that I had forgotten about. Sure enough, I had 4 more cameos mixed in with my other vintage broaches that I had been collecting over the years.
FUN FUN FUN!!
It was a hunt in my own jewelry box! I love that!

I also recently purchased an Ingraham/Biltmore 1940's pocket watch for $10 that is currently not in working order, but I researched online and I found one going for $400 in restored/working order! Hopefully I can get it all fixed up, and either keep the fabulous find, or resell it for some profit. We shall see! :)
So, if you have any lovely cameos and pocket watches that you feel no special connection with and are willing to part with, please let me know! I would LOVE to add to my newly started collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment