Wednesday, June 15, 2011

beach beauty

Sometimes you can find inspiration just strolling along...

A few days ago I was strolling along the beach with my boyfriend and saw something shimmering in the water. I of course had to stop and check it out! :) I bent over and found this beautiful broken piece of an abaloni shell. I'm pretty sure Dave thought I was crazy to fall in love with that little treasure, but after I explained my vision, he understood. So I pocketed the beach beauty and a few days later went to work.

As soon as I found the abaloni, I knew I wanted to make it into a necklace. It would be a special necklace too...one that every time I wore it would remind me of Dave and our first stroll along the beach together on that cool, windy, summer day. I began by picking out a couple beads that would accent the abaloni, then took some wire and did a bit of wrapping. And here is the final product...I just LOVE it, and I love the memories that go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment