Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cowl Crochet

Hi friends!

Recently I moved from Southern California to Eastern Washington. As you can imagine there is a big change in weather from the two states. So.CA has warm and perfect weather year-round...and Eastern WA has definite seasons, including snow!

I've been here a few weeks now and it has snowed twice already. This week's forcast is said to be in the 30's. It has been fun being able to bundle up, but it got me thinking about crocheting again. It has been so very long since I last crocheted, but I thought it would be a perfect time to get out my needles, find a cute pattern, and get busy making something to keep me warm in this cool weather.

When I found the pattern I liked for a cozy cowl scarf, I got started. I spent a few hours working on it, and trying to refresh my memory on how to crochet again since its been forever since I'd last made anything. I've made a couple beenies, scarves, and afghans in the past but the stitches were basic and I didn't add too much too them. This time the stitches were still pretty simple, but I learned how to make button holes! It was actually easier than I thought it would be, but I'm still happy I could do it! :) So now my lil neck will be cozy and warm this week with the cooler weather rolling in...

Two different looks:





PS... This pattern was found online at Ravelry and it was free!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! And I LOVE Ravelry! Have you found the cupcake slippers? I wanted to make them for you but haven't had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake slippers?? No I haven't seen them. :( That sounds so cute though!! I've never made slippers before, is it hard? I think u should make them for me lol :) Isn't crocheting fun!!??!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one Jode! will you be making/selling them?

    ReplyDelete