Saturday, July 31, 2010

I hit the JACKPOT!

Like most Saturdays, I went to some yard sales today. I hit the jackpot at this estate sale I just happened upon. There was so much jewelry there, I was in heaven! So I started digging through the bins and bins full of costume jewelry. Things were priced individually, and as I saw my treasures piling up I was getting sad thinking about how much it would cost. I knew there was no way I could get it all, it would just be too pricey. So since I didn't want to spend too much, but knew I needed a few pieces for making my necklaces, I stopped looking and had the lady add it all up for me. It came to $25!! Oh dear, that just wasn't going to work. She saw me hesitate and said, "Well, its the end of the day...half price! How about you buy the lot of it for $10?" OH MY WORD!! I was soooo shocked and happy! How nice was she?!?!?! So instead of each pair of clip-on earrings being $0.75 she sold them to me for $0.30! I just love finding super deals like that! And I guess it pays to go at the end of the day when they just want to get rid of everything! LOVE IT!!! :) Well, I guess I'd better get busy crafting now....

PS...A couple other great deals today:

Super cute glass pedestal cake plate = $1
Big box of old bottles, including antique Mrs. Buttersworth bottle = $1

No comments:

Post a Comment